Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginnings in Brewerton- In Character Thread

Blog Entries

When they return to Brewertown, Arasmes starts searching for a sixth member to add to their merry group.

"Oh I see, then I am sorry to have mistrusted you kind farmer. Let's get going everyone." Along the way he explains to everyone that we will be getting 75 gps instead of 50. "What about using the extra 25gp a person to get horses or a carriage? If everyone would be okay with that? It would make traveling easier on all of us."

Blog Entries

"Hmm, not sure if we can afford it, horses need to be fed and a place to stay while we're in a settlement. I could ask around to find outhow much it would cost.", Arasmes replies.

Here's teh breakdown of what you find asking around in Brewerton:

Light Horse: 75 g
    Combat trained Light Horse: 110 gp
    Heavy Horse: 200 gp
    Combat trained Heavy Horse: 300 gp.
    Donkey: 8 gp.
    Carriage: 100 gp. or 3 copper per mile.

You arrive back in Brewerton about 2:00 in the afternoon. The day is yours. You could browse the shops, go to the guild and get a new job, or go to the Tipsy Rat and get drunk.
    Last edited by LakethePondling; 02-26-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Lith blinks at the mention of the improved pay, "For avoiding making a mess of the cellar, I suppose?"

She shrugs non-committally at the talk of horses and carriages on the way back, having little opinion herself. "I shall be checking for new job postings while you do that. Perhaps exploring the town some. The tavern opposite the guild should be an appropriate meeting place to discuss our next actions?"

"If the group succeeds, then so shall I. Probably."

Lith notices,besides the previosly mentioned jobs, a new posting that reads as follows.
    Wanted: Party of Adventurers needed for discreet Personal Affair. Pay 150 gold each. Apply to Robert Finnegan, Finnegan's Imports.

The streets of Brewerton are slushy with winter snows. a few people are going about their everyday business. nothing odd or unusual is happening.
    She managed to gather information about the local important people, primarily Mayor Thornebury and his council, who run the town, Lord Highbridge, younger sibling of the Prince of Highbridge who rules this area of Arathain from across the Frostborn River. Rodrick Stonehammer, a dwarf, and Malcom Woodson, a human, are mentioned a few times. they run the brewery that employs much of this town. There's also whispered rumors about Robert Finnegan's upcoming marriage.

After asking around, Lith discovers that a Gron Deepdelver, a dwarf runs a smithy and armory next to the guild hall. She also finds that there's a magic and miscellany shop run by a Timotheous Reginald down by the waterfront. The town also houses a couple of temples, one to Sheara, the godess of healing and compassion, and one to Coradan the deity of art, beauty, and craftsmanship. a couple more notable features are the Gyo Shao Monastary outside of Brewerton where Oru was from and a shrine to Dualis on the outside edge. there's also a huge open air market that covers nearly 2 city blocks, but much of it is shuttered right now with it being dusk. finally the most imposing strctures are the brewery on the edge of town and the city hall and mayors mansion in the heart of the city.

"Hmmm... depends on what our next job is," Mills comments with a slight frown, on the subject of horses and carriages. "Can slow you down in some parts." He nods in agreement as to meeting up at the tavern later.

He then quietly accompanies Lith for a bit, eventually heading over to speak with Gron Deepdelver and inquiring as to the pricing of masterwork armour, shields, and weapons.

Lith hears a slightly high pitched voice address her when she is in the guild hall, "Excuse me miss". If she looks, the space level with her is vacant, but lowering her view she meets the turquoise eyes of a 3 foot tall male. His young looking face and vertical stature suggests either a young human boy, or halfling.

"Could you pass down that job ticket there." His outstretched hand is pointing to the new job on the board. The one from Robert Finnegan.

Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 02-26-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Rune View Post
    "Hmmm... depends on what our next job is," Mills comments with a slight frown, on the subject of horses and carriages. "Can slow you down in some parts." He nods in agreement as to meeting up at the tavern later.He then quietly accompanies Lith for a bit, eventually heading over to speak with Gron Deepdelver and inquiring as to the pricing of masterwork armour, shields, and weapons.
    Gron strokes his deep red beard with its band and chuckles. "A man that appreciates quality, eh? Problem is you have to be able to swing it. For my finest armor I charge and extra 150 gold and for my finest blades it's another 300 gold on top of teh base price. I have to make a living, laddie."

Guryaasa ponders the idea of mounts and carriages. She was not unaccustomed to such travel, at least by riding dogs or the occasional pony, horses were far too large for her and as Arasmes pointed out, they'd need food and care and in the wilds were prone to changing owners fairly rapidly.

"Not bad idea, though requires more thought. Decide if uses outweigh more responsibilities." She concluded on question.

In town she entered into the smithy, curious about whether Gron had any of the pieces on her ever growing list to finally fix her musket. While she explores the workshop she overhears Mills and the dwarfs conversation.

At the Dwarfs words she ran a hand through the metal links of a set of full chain mail. Pulling a face she looked at the price offered. She almost had a double take at what the numbers insulted her with. "Living? This is more theft no?" She says to herself though loud enough for the pair to hear.
    -Active-
    Bright-eyed idealist Briar Williams and her Vigilante façade Poppet

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast