Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitute GMs to the rescue!

Hello and happy Monday, TTWers!

I just wanted to offer a friendly reminder that this little niche of our site exists, despite it not being used yet.

This is a spot for players to reach out to the community to find replacement GMs. We all know life happens and sometimes, sadly, games get dropped without much warning. If a player drops, they're generally replaced and the game marches on, but when a GM drops, the game dies more often than not. So, hopefully, this area can help!

Consider this a spot for players to express a need for a new GM and, hopefully, find what they're looking for in our own little Game Rescue thread right here.

Cheers and happy gaming, all!

I have experience running pathfinder 1&2e and d&d 3.5 if anyone needs a new GM

Comment

• RaistlinMC
      RaistlinMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, yes and yes! We always need a new GM around here, NightFlyer! Thanks for offering, truly.

I think, honestly, what will work best for you is to run a game ad for one of those systems (all of which are quite popular around here, most especially PF1e I'd say). It doesn't need to be a fancy ad or even a fully fleshed out idea. Just a hook and some hope for something cool down the line will usually get the creative juices flowing for players, I've found.

Welcome to TTW, NF, and happy gaming around here!

i could use a co-GM in my 5e game

Comment

• RaistlinMC
      RaistlinMC commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a little unorthodox, Star, but I suggest running that as a Game Ad actually. Something like, "Calling all 5e GMs" or something to that effect. I hope and expect you'll get more eyes on your request there than here, perhaps.

• starwarsnerd
      starwarsnerd commented
      Editing a comment
      k, thanks

On the slim chance this actually works... We just lost our GM for Kingmaker (1e) mid-fight. They apparently had to get a 2nd job and have no more time to run the game. We presently have 3 players; myself, Grayson Tagger and mdh.
    You can find the game here if you want to take a look.
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

• Grayson Tagger
      Grayson Tagger commented
      Editing a comment
      Commenting to try and give a boost!

and we are actually four players with beegold

• Faeryl
      Faeryl commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes, that's true. They're not officially listed on the page as a player even if they're definitely a part of it, so I forgot to add them in.

How active was it before things derailed?

Comment

It was pretty active considering the GM had to slow down posting a lot right towards the end. I think the game's pace was mostly slowed down by the GM's 1/week posts. We could (probably) move faster if a new GM wished to.
      Active Character(s):
      D&D
      Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

Comment

Oh, okay, but at minimum it was 1 GM post per week? I could definitely meet that requirement. Probably exceed it.

But here's the thing ... you guys would have to be willing to convert to 5e. Not the brand new 2024 5e, but still ... 5e. I can't run Pathfinder anymore. It's been too long and I have forgotten everything. Now, I understand that a full system change is a pretty big ask, so I'd totally understand if you guys declined the offer.

Comment

Unfortunately, changing the system would be a deal-breaker for me. As much as I want the game to be able to continue, I don't like 5e nearly as much. Not to mention I couldn't play the same character in the new system. I can't speak for the others, however.
          Last edited by Faeryl; 6 days ago.
          Active Character(s):
          D&D

Comment

Working...
          X